Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Well it has been awhile....

It has been over a week since I posted. I had a whole post and I accidentally deleted it so I am starting over. I have been loving to work out at the YMCA.  This weekend I started with a sore throat Saturday night.  Sunday I had my second appointment with the YMCA employee. She was showing me more machines to add to my routine. Then I ran for a mile before our first swimming lesson. Yes, my husband and I were taking semi private swimming lessons. He wanted to improve his form and I wanted to learn to exhale in the water. 

We ended up having two instructors so kind of like private lessons. I did learn to exhale in the water. I never put my face in the water so swimming laps wasn't too efficient and my back hurt after a few laps holding my  head out of the water. So it was a success that I did learn to blow bubbles in the water. LOL 

On the way home we started talking about doing things we aren't good at YET or things we don't feel comfortable with. Sometimes you just want to give up or just stay in your comfort zone. One thing I am learning on my journey is it is okay to step out of my comfort zone and sometimes fail or not do so good or feel like a fool. I am living and growing - it is better than sitting on the sidelines watching all the time. I am getting in there and trying new things. Some I like and some I don't. But at least I know because I tried. Just like when I said I didn't like okra and had never tried it but when I finally tried it, I loved okra. Or when I said I don't like brussels sprouts and I tried it and I don't like it. But at least I know because I tried and not because I am afraid to try.

Have a great day and get out there and try something. Don't be afraid or embarrassed - just do it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment