Monday, January 17, 2011

Swim?

I have been going to the YMCA this week.  I love it. I have ran on the treadmill and did the weigh machines. My husband has been swimming there so I tried it today. He came with me to give me confidence and it worked. If he wouldn't have come with me I probably wouldn't have done it. Now I think I will even go swimming by myself. It is good for days that I can't run. Today I swam 500 yards and then I ran/walked for 30 minutes. Tomorrow might be a day off.  We did call to get semi-private swimming lessons since both of us need better techniques. I am afraid to put my face in the water. LOL

Today we had our typical oatmeal for breakfast but then had some english muffin pizzas for lunch. Very good I put fat free mozzarella, pizza sauce, turkey pepperoni, red pepper and onions on mine. Delicious. then for dinner we had something my friend calls crackslaw.  I used brocolli slaw (you can use regular coleslaw mix) and stirfried it in sesame oil and olive oil and added some onions and peas. Then I added chicken and soy sauce. It was very good with some jasmine rice.

It was so nice to have the day off today. Back to work tomorrow and we have a visitor from Canada so we are scheduled for lunch out tomorrow and maybe Wednesday. Also scheduled for dinner out Wednesday night.  I am worried since I always do bad when I eat out. I usually get fish and vegetables. For lunch we might go to Mexican so it might be chicken tacos and try not to eat the shells. Any ideas? I have ordered fajitas before and love them!! But I seem to eat too much or something and so fajjitas are not good for me.  Any other ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment