Sunday, October 17, 2010

First Day of Blogging

Hello,
I am not sure what I am doing, but I decided to start blogging. Why? Not sure - many reasons.  One is wanting to help myself by journaling my ups and downs and be accountable. Two is wanting to document my journey and give others hope for a happier life while at the same time discovering perfection does not make us happy. Third I am just curious about blogging.

For my first blog, I wanted to introduce myself. Since I have a tendency to write a book, I will start with the basics and then each week go into more of my life's journey so far.  I want to capture how I came to be who I am and now where I am going from here.

I recently turned 50 and have been happily married for the second time for 5+ years. I have four sons who are all 18 and over. I started off as an ambitious college graduate moving away from my home town to work for a huge software company as a programmer and then transformed to a stay at home mother. I again transformed to a high school teacher and eventually went to work for a global consulting firm and have been there for the last ten years.

I have been overweight for most of my adult life especially after I had my children.  I was never very athletic or into working out. About two years ago I started Weight Watchers and weighed in at 279. About a year ago I started Couch to 5K and ran my first 5K in October 2009. I kind of slacked off running during the winter while I finished up my MBA.  Now I am training for a 10K later this month and am at 245.  I don't want my weight to define me or stop me from doing things and I have tried not to, but I realize that I need to lose weight to keep my health - I have been lucky so far.

I hope blogging will help my desire to have a strong body, a strong mind and fulfill my need to share with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment