Friday, October 22, 2010

Do I really want to lose a 100 pounds?

Yes I do! I think I do. Well maybe. It is scary to think about losing 100 pounds and how your life might change. You might lose friends. It might affect your relationship with your significant other. People won't be comfortable with you. They will say you have changed. And they might be right - you might have changed. 

I want to stop thinking of losing 100 pounds. I want to start making daily choices that will help my overall goal of becoming a happier, healthier person who is touching lives around me. These choices will be about moving more, eating less, making better food choices, drinking more water, knowing my health statistics (blood pressure, sugar, HDL, LDL, triglycerides, etc.) and all of that. But there is more! About smiling at someone just to make their day, letting someone cut in front of me and just smile and wave, not to gossip about someone, not to complain but be thankful, doing community service, charitable giving, and on and on.  It is about learning new things and not being afraid to experience fear. Willing to put yourself out there and who cares what others think. Trying new things - loving some and hating some. It is about LIVING where I am now and not in the future.

So yes I do want to lose 100 pounds, but it isn't all I want to do - there is so much more out there for me to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment