Sunday, November 7, 2010

Weekend Doldrums

There is no reason for this weekend to be blah. Especially today. It has been a gorgeous Fall day. Sunny but with a chill in the air, but not enough for winter coats.  I ran 5 miles yesterday and did errands. No big obligations this weekend. I was able to spend time with my husband. But today we had to clean all day for an open house that one person showed up at. This person didn't even have their house on the market yet.

Our house has been on the market since February. It is depressing that we can't sell it. Hardly any lookers even - maybe 4. I try not to dwell on it. I believe when the time is right, it will sell. Maybe our new house isn't ready yet. Maybe we need to stay in this house for awhile longer for some reason. Maybe we shouldn't sell at all.  I don't know. But what it comes down to is "does it matter?" in the long run.

We are lucky - we are still able to make our mortgage payment, we have our jobs, and our health. Many do not have these blessings. So I am going to be positive about the house not selling even though around me is frustration and depression about not selling. No use blaming anyone - it is what it is this market. I would rather concentrate on what I can change. I can't change the housing market and I can't make someone want my house.

 So I wait, but in waiting I am gaining! I am growing in patience and gratitude for what I have surely things I need in more abundance. It will happen when it happens, but in the meantime I am going to be grateful for what I have.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you have faith in the fact that things are happening the way they are meant to. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete