Sunday, December 26, 2010

Lesson learned

Well I gained a few pounds this morning. I ended up having some homemade sweets that my son brought over yesterday and then I had some Christmas cookies when I went to our friend's house for dinner. Dinner was amazing - prime rib, baked potatoes, salad, and asparagus. Then I ended up having a piece of red velvet cake.  So I put on a few pounds. Almost 4.  I can't believe in one day! But I had a plan as soon as I got over the shock of the scale. One of my friends said the scale screamed at her this morning and that is what I felt this morning. So I drank water, ate lightly and ran 3.25 miles. Hopefully tomorrow the scale will be lower - probably not what it was Christmas morning but lower than this morning.

The run this morning was amazing. 24 degrees and snow on the ground. I had to be careful because the road was a little icy. I bundled up with my Christmas presents and I was fine and it felt great out there.
My dog was so happy to go for a run. He LOVES to run with me. Here is a picture of the neighborhood and also of me bundled up with my dog before the run.

 I am so happy to be able to run, no matter how slow I run. I know I can lose the weight I gained yesterday and I know I am on the path to a healthier life.

So smile and get back on your path.

No comments:

Post a Comment