Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sunday March 6th

One week after my 5K and one week from my 10K.  I am getting kind of tired. I still love running but trying to push for my mileage when I run so slow is hard.  I ran 6.2 miles yesterday in 97 minutes. I had to walk some of it - less than half of it - altogether maybe a mile or two.   My back and hip start hurting after running more than 5 miles so I think that might be my cut off and then I walk.

I am loving the swimming and my last swimming lesson is today. And I can freestyle now - swim with my head in the water and breathing correctly. So the lessons were worth it. AFter swimming my body feels real relaxed; I love the water.  I need to get back to the weight machines; haven't had much time to concentrate on those.

The scale is finally back down after a 2 week up and a little down and then up again period. I am heading to the 220s - nothing is going to stop me this time. I want 50 pounds to be gone by the time I go to my client meeting on March 30th in Florida.   Since we are talking about work....   I have been busy but I call it a "good busy".  I love what I am doing and it is different opportunities for me. I am so glad I stuck it out with my company when they laid me off. I was on the transition team for awhile and then took over for someone on maternity leave and 18 months later they knew they couldn't live without me. LOL  I was offered a job in a slightly different area which is alot more exciting for me - working with clients and strategy and design.  I am very happy. And I am not gloating or anything but the manager that made the decision to let me go has been laid off. I guess she wasn't making good decisions.  Just kidding that wasn't it - I don't think it was at least.

Looking forward to a week of running and lots of work. Also last week of Bible study with a table of wonderful ladies. Hope we stay in contact.  See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment